See Church service board for details
History: Batheaston Methodist Church
There is a tradition that John Wesley – who visited Bath some 100 times during his ministry – preached at Northend in Batheaston. In February 1796 a small group of villagers rented a plot of land “to build one good and substantial chapel”. We celebrated the bicentenary of this in 1996. The present church built in 1876 stands on the same site.We are one of 21 churches in the North East Somerset and Bath Circuit of the Methodist Church and have been enthusiastic supporters of the Local Ecumenical Partnership since its establishment in the late 90s and continue to seek ever closer relations with our Anglican and Catholic friends.